- Record yourself playing something that you have been working on. Use your phone, tablet or a webcam, whichever is easier for you. Ensure that there is a clear view of your hands on the piano keyboard.
- Upload your video to your preferred video sharing platform, e.g. YouTube, Google Drive, One Drive or Dropbox. If your video is a large file size you may want to compress it before uploading, otherwise uploading can take a while. Have a look in the app store for free video compression apps/software.
- Use the buy now button above to pay for feedback and assessment on your video. If you like you can contact me first to discuss your requirements.
- Send me a link to your uploaded video. The video sharing platforms above will give you options for sharing your link. Send the link to the following email address: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. (After you have paid you will be redirected to this page where you can use the email address above to send me your video. If for any reason you are not sent back to this page, just use any of the email addresses shown on this website.)
- If the sheet music you are working on is public domain, you can also send me a scan or picture of the music so I can check for any mistakes in your playing. (Ask me, I may already own a copy of the music you are working on.)
- Expect to receive detailed constructive feedback on your playing within two working days of submitting your video to me. Your feedback will be in the form of a typed email, and will include any necessary observations on your hand positions, fingering and technique; advice on how to improve; and a description of any positive things I noticed about your playing - this will give you a clearer idea of which aspects of your playing are strengths to build upon.
Important: Check your junk folder for my reply.